Washing Your Face
Many times I have though to create a blog, but haven't done so until now. There are so many things to talk about but I'm not sure where to start. So I guess I'll just start.
Washing your Face
When I first started learning how to make face cleansers, I asked a friend of mine what she used to wash her face. "Nothing!", she said with pride. I wasn't really shocked because it made sense now to me why she always looked as though she had the same makeup on for days. Her eyeliner was smudged down and around her eyes, even though her skin for 60 looked pretty good. But it made me wonder how many people, women in particular really knew how to wash their faces?
So when I gave my Evergreen Skin Cleansing Balm to my daughter, I noticed that she seem hesitant to give it a go. I went into the bathroom with her and waited...she just turned and looked at me with a question in her eyes.
I showed her how to use it and then waited for her to follow my instruction. When she was finished, she was amazed and very happy with the way her skin felt and the smell of the product she used. She now uses it every day!
Shortly I will post a video to use my products but in the meantime, here is just a guideline to wash your face:
- Remove all eye makeup with Natural Refresh's Gentle Eye Makeup Remover using a moistened cotton pad.
- Wet your face with warm water not cold, as warm water will help to open your pores.
- Using your thumb nail or a small scoop, scrape up a dime size amount of either Mint Pistachio or Evergreen Cleansing Balm and place it in the palm of your hand. Add a bit of warm water and blend it into a paste.
- Apply the paste to your face then scoop up a bit more warm water and lather your face up, getting into all the creases, around your nose and rub in circles, gently but vigorously.
- Using a warm wash cloth, wipe away the cleanser or if you'd like, rinse with just warm water.
- Pat dry.
- Spritz with a toner, allow to dry
- Moisturize and you're good to go.
You should at the very least be washing your face once a day but in order to keep it clean and free from clogged pores and pimples, twice a day is optimum.
Now, this is just washing your face, there is are so many other processes you can do to keep your face looking fresh, moisturized and glowing.
Stay tuned for tomorrow's blog and a short video of me, showing you how to use Natural Refresh's cleansers!